September 30, 2017 - October 1, 2017
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
The workshop is confirmed for delivery and the deadline for registration has been extended.
Offered in Partnership with Tri-Association
Pan-American School Campus
ISL Module 5: Leading Improvement in Classroom Instruction
2-Day Workshop for Classroom Teachers, School Heads and Principals, Heads of Departments, Divisional Leaders
- study the concept of Mindset and how it influences teaching and learning
- examine conditions to ensure high expectations for all students
- understand the relationship between self-regulation, learning skills and readiness for learning
- explore various learning styles and instructional strategies to meet the individual needs of all, including the Teaching-Learning Critical Pathways
- identify the unique needs of learners such as English as a Second Language Learners, English Language Learners and students with special education needs
- understand backwards planning, the universal design for learning, differentiated instruction and Marzano’s Nine Instructional Strategies
- utilize inquiry-based learning strategies to engage students in higher order thinking and
- identify assessment “for, as and of ” learning and how each informs teacher and planning and instruction providing descriptive feedback to scaffold student learning.
YOUR INSTRUCTOR STEPHEN McCOMBE
Stephen is an instructional leader who served as a principal for many years in Ontario, Canada. ISL calls upon Stephen to provide workshops for a wide variety of visitors to Ontario. His most recent work has taken him to the Cayman Islands and Denmark.
In Denmark, working as a team member, Stephen visited schools and classrooms for two intensive weeks. During this time, he guided teachers in a self-reflection process and provided insights into improving classroom instruction. Stephen returns in 2017 to provide workshops for educators in various countries including most recently Kuwait.
Stephen values staff collaboration to improve capacity in the context of Professional Learning Communities (PLCs). Consequently, he was a major contributor to The Principal as Professional Learning Community Leader, and in 2015 published an article in a Danish publication, Canadisk Paedagogik i Skolen. It remains a key focus for him in the process of assisting schools in the improvement process.
Stephen brings his deep instructional knowledge and exemplary teaching skills to this conference.
Testimonial: Mr. Steve was an amazing instructor for the conference. He managed to keep us engaged and I had so much fun! He’s super funny and offered a lot of great knowledge and insight! I hope that he will return to our school one day for another conference. I would definitely sign-up for another conference with Steve and ISL again!!!
Green Event: Participants must bring a device to access online resources.
Registration Deadline: September 15, 2017