Two-Day Conference: Exploring Relationships and Developing People - Belgium
September 30, 2019 - October 1, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Belgium – September 30 – October 1, 2019
In partnership with VLVO (Vereniging Leidinggevenden Vlaams Onderwijs)
Hotel Van Der Valk Antwerpen
Luitenant Lippenslaan 66 Antwerpen (Postal Code 2140)
- explore emotional intelligence, cultural intelligence and identify strategies that maximize performance when interacting with teachers, students and parents in diverse school communities
- examine personal leadership resources that leaders draw upon to enact effective leadership practices in national and international schools
- understand the importance of relational trust in building a learning community through authentic leadership
- develop an understanding of a professional learning community as a structure that develops collaboration, improves instruction, increases student achievement and builds school and organizational capacity
- explore strategies to build professional capital and collective efficacy to increase motivation and increase student achievement
- understand the impact of collaborative learning communities and networked learning communities to build lateral capacity with other schools and systems and
- enrich an understanding of clear communication, effective problem solving and meaningful meetings to increase focus and attainment of student achievement.
This two-day conference will be recognized as Modules 3 of the International School Leadership Certificate Program. Module 6 will also be introduced and submitted online at a later date.
Joni is a passionate, committed educator driven by the highest standards. For over three decades, Joni has served in many different leadership roles: teacher, instructor, associate professor, consultant, elementary school principal and education officer with the Ontario Ministry of Education. Her most recent appointments have been in Brazil, Denmark, Norway and Peru to deliver the International School Leadership Certificate Program.
“Joni inspires and engages participants with her knowledge and interaction skills…perfect modeling of methods to use within schools both in classroom and during teacher collaboration time.” – Elizabeth Rudi Lund – Principal in Norway
Registration Fee – $700.00 CAD (€465) per person
Includes instruction, program, coffee breaks and lunch
For hotel accommodations, dinner or social arrangements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details and costs.
August 1, 2019
Please note: On August 1, 2019, registrants will receive confirmation that the event is proceeding. Please do not secure travel arrangements (hotel and air flights) until our confirmation is received. If the event is cancelled because of low registration, you will receive a full refund.