May 1, 2018 - May 15, 2018
5 hour online workshop between May 1 and May 15, 2018
Learning activities in this workshop will include online discussions, the examination of case studies, the exploration of resources, and a web conference.
Web Conference: May 8, 2018 8:00 AM EST or 8:PM EST
(Recorded version available May 9, 2018)
Time Zone Converter https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter-classic.html
This course will provide participants with knowledge and skills that will deepen their leadership in helping students with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) meet with success. Using a variety of learning opportunities, participants will examine the following:
- challenges that students with ASD face in a school setting
- programming to better meet the needs of these students
- meaningful and relevant individual educational plans
- how to manage aggressive or challenging behaviours
- inclusive school environments for students with ASD
- building the capacity of staff to meet the needs of students with ASD, while maintaining a safe and caring learning environment for all students.
Carolyn Treadgold, will lead the web conference. Carolyn is a recognized educational leader, with extensive experience in the field of Special Education as a former school principal and district leader of Special Education in the Province of Ontario. Currently, Carolyn serves as the Special Education Lead for OPC and as an instructor for International School Leadership.
Carolyn brings this wealth of knowledge and experience to the tasks of supporting school leaders and educators in creating more inclusive classrooms that support high levels of student achievement. In particular, Carolyn teaches for an Ontario University (Master of Education program) and several special education qualification courses for OPC. Internationally, she recently presented in Denmark and regularly presents to international visitors in Toronto.
Deadline for Registration: April 16, 2018