International School Leadership (ISL) provides exemplary professional learning to school and system leaders. Our renowned leadership programs are used internationally in jurisdictions looking to improve student achievement and well-being.
Our research-based programs and best practices serve as a foundation for consulting services offered by our diverse team of experts with strong academic backgrounds and demonstrated excellence as educational leaders.
How we can help?
We adapt our services to your realities. Our work has taken us to nearly every continent as we share our expertise in school and system leadership.
With ISL you will benefit from:
Areas of specialization
Mentoring and Coaching Programs for Educators
- analysis of current mentoring methodologies
- studying and sharing findings on effective mentoring/coaching programs from around the world
- development and implementation of programs and strategies to train coaches, monitor coaches and evaluate effectiveness
- designing school-assessment tools used in planning and coaching
Professional Learning Continuum for School Leaders
- conducting data collection from ministry and school personnel
- reviewing and analyzing current practice through the use of focus groups, interviews and research
- making professional learning recommendations and defining career pathways for guiding policy development
- professionalizing the role of school leader
- establishing extensive implementation plans
Performance Evaluations for School Leaders
- conducting intensive meetings with personnel to understand the requirements
- review and analysis of school leadership frameworks and international case studies
- development of a technical opinion and assessment recommendations
- production of policy, guidebook documents and tools for the evaluation of school leaders and and how to apply them in practice
- providing related examples and research from the international community concerning performance appraisal measures, protocols and school-based management tools
- creation of evaluation process and instruments to collect data
- creation of a national examination for school leaders
Assessing the Impact of Professional Learning Programs
- conducting system-level assessments of the impact of professional learning on the practices of school leaders
- development of conceptual framework for the collection of data
- Recommendations and next steps
Developing School and System Leadership Programs
- providing expert guidance in assessing professional learning needs
- design and development of training programs that are geared towards, educators, school leaders or system leaders.
- program monitoring and evaluation
- implementation of a train-the-trainer model for sustainable programs