- September 18, 2017 - October 16, 2017
An instructional leader knows how to analyze student performance data and determine which areas of the curriculum need attention. Such a principal recognizes good classroom instruction in all core subjects (whether or not he or she is licensed in the content) and can assess the quality of instructional materials. The principal regularly coaches staff with a focus on student learning, rather than only occasionally “observing teaching” for purposes of an annual evaluation of the teacher. Finally, the principal regularly evaluates the entire instructional system—curriculum, instruction, standards, assessments, and safety nets—to assure that it is aligned with the school’s mission. Julie Switzer MSAB Journal January 2007
In this module participants will
- examine conditions to ensure high expectations for all students
- gain strategies for working with teachers to understand the relationship between self-regulation, learning skills and readiness for learning
- explore various learning styles and instructional strategies to meet the individual needs of all, including the Teaching-Learning Critical Pathways as a tool to organize actions for teaching and student learning
- examine teaching strategies to build intercultural competencies and global citizenship in the classroom
- identify the unique needs of learners such as English as a Second Language Learners, English Language Learners and students with special education needs
- understand backwards planning, the universal design for learning and differentiated instruction
- explore Marzano’s Nine Instructional Strategies for Effective Teaching and Learning
- utilize inquiry-based learning strategies to engage students in higher order thinking
- identify assessment “for, as and of” learning and how each informs teacher planning and instruction providing descriptive feedback to scaffold student learning and
- understand how to monitor the quality of teaching through classroom walkthroughs and challenging conversations.
Venue: Online Academy
|General Admissionshow details +||$452.00 (CAD)*||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: December 3, 2014 12:00 am
Sales End: September 15, 2017 11:55 pm
Event Date Ticket Uses- The number of separate event datetimes (see table below) that this ticket can be used to gain admittance to.
Admission is always one person per ticket.
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
* price includes taxes