- September 18, 2017 - October 23, 2017
“On the road to improved student achievement – whether in the classroom, school or district – it makes intuitive sense that an accurate roadmap is an essential tool. We need to know where we are now, where we want to be, and what key barriers and opportunities lie between those two points. At the same time, and despite the fact that evidence-based decision making has become a familiar feature of the education landscape, the research confirming the connection between student achievement and data use is surprisingly thin. What this suggests is that, while we acknowledge the value of data, much remains to be done in building our capacity to gather, analyze, interpret and use it to support improvement.” Ontario Leadership Strategy Bulletin 5 Ideas Into Action, Fall 2011.
In this module participants will
- examine characteristics of a collaborative school culture in which teachers share responsibility for student learning and school improvement based on student needs and school/ system priorities
- understand terms used in school improvement planning – data, objectives, results, indicators and results-based plans
- differentiate between a target and an indicator in a school improvement plan
- distinguish between developing a plan based only on objectives and one based on results
- understand the importance of collecting and analyzing student achievement data, demographic data, intercultural competency data, program data, perceptual data and system data, with teachers
- understand how to work with teachers using a variety of data to inform decision making, influence the direction in school improvement planning and lead ongoing monitoring and evaluation of school improvement plan
- explore qualitative and quantitative indicators of success and growth with teachers in terms of student achievement and intercultural competency and
- examine structures to engage teachers in the cyclical review of school data and the school’s improvement plan.
Venue: Online Academy
|Regular Ticketshow details +||$452.00 (CAD)*||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: November 5, 2015 2:33 pm
Sales End: September 4, 2017 11:55 pm
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
* price includes taxes