- September 18, 2017 - October 23, 2017
“It is not just that the goal is to achieve new effectiveness across the whole larger system, but rather that the strategies involve system components at all three levels working in two-way and multi-way partnerships. One is, indeed, heading toward greater comprehensiveness, greater focus, more capacity building, and greater precision in zeroing in on core goals of literacy, numeracy, and high school graduation. The next phase should accelerate our learning and knowledge with regard to school and system effectiveness.” Fullan, 2010.
In this module participants will
- review and examine the effective school research from McKinsey & Company, Program for International Student Assessment (PISA), Washington State University, Larry Lezotte and Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- identify characteristics of effective schools that support 21st century teaching and learning, using national school effectiveness, private, and international school accreditation frameworks
- explore key characteristics of the world’s best school systems according to OECD
- identify characteristics of effective schools that build intercultural competencies and global citizenship skills
- increase the understanding of components for effective schools including focus on learning, student voice, monitoring and assessment, strong home-school relationships, high expectations and clear mission and vision
- understand characteristics of effective learning organizations based on the research of Peter Senge
- understand the role of school and system leaders in developing and sustaining effective schools and systems and
- review key actions of leaders of high performing school and systems that set them apart from others.
Registration Deadline: October 31, 2016
Venue: Online Academy
|General Admissionshow details +||$452.00 (CAD)*||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: December 3, 2014 6:50 am
Sales End: September 19, 2017 12:00 am
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
* price includes taxes