- November 6, 2017 - December 11, 2017
“School leaders are the connection between teachers, students and their parents or guardians, the education system and the wider community in which a school exists. Because their central role is combined with rising expectations of schools and schooling in a century characterized by technological innovation, migration and globalization, we understand that school leaders can no longer be simple managers …. many regard instructional leadership as the most important professional responsibility with which principals are entrusted.” OECD 2014
In this module participants will
- examine attributes of an effective school leader for 21st century teaching and learning using international leadership frameworks
- explore the management versus instructional leadership dichotomy within the context of national and international schools
- enrich the understanding of the common elements of effective school leadership as identified by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OCED), the Wallace Foundation and Council of International Schools (CIS) Characteristics of Accredited Schools
- examine the leadership research of Ken Leithwood, Michael Fullan, Andy Hargreaves, Lyn Sharratt, Avis Glaze, John Hattie and Karen Edge
- examine components of instructional leadership including setting vision, creating a safe and orderly environment, developing other leaders, improving instruction and managing people, data and processes within a diverse school
- understand dimensions and capabilities outlined in Viviane Robinson’s Student Centred Leadership research
- utilize a self assessment tool for personal reflection on leadership strengths and areas for growth
- explore Michael Fullan’s research on the three roles of the instructional leader that maximize impact – lead learner, system leader and change agent
- examine the research of Ana Maria Villegas and Tamar Lucas about cultural responsive pedagogy (institutional, personal and instructional) including the mindsets of culturally responsive educators and
- explore practices to build intercultural competencies within national and international schools.
Venue: Online Academy
|Regular Ticketshow details +||$452.00 (CAD)*||Expired|
Sale Dates- The dates when this option is available for purchase.
Goes On Sale: September 18, 2015 7:23 am
Sales End: November 6, 2017 12:00 am
Access- This option allows access to the following dates and times.
* price includes taxes