- October 17, 2018 - October 19, 2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
THREE-DAY CONFERENCE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SKOLELEDERFORBUNDET
HOTEL COMFORT HOTEL RUNWAY, GARDERMOEN, NORWAY October 17 – 19, 2018 (DAY 1: 10AM-5PM, DAY 2 & 3: 9AM-4PM)
- examine attributes of an effective school leader for 21st century teaching and learning using international leadership frameworks
- enhance an understanding of the common elements of effective school leadership
- delve into leadership research by Ken Leithwood, Michael Fullan, Andy Hargreaves, Lyn Sharratt, Avis Glaze, John Hattie Vivianne Robinson and Karen Edge
- explore components of instructional leadership including setting vision, creating a safe and orderly environment, developing other leaders, improving instruction, managing people and using data and processes within a diverse school
- examine practices to build intercultural competencies within national and international schools
- identify characteristics of effective schools that support 21st century teaching and learning, using national school effectiveness, private, and international school accreditation frameworks
- establish characteristics of effective schools that build intercultural competencies and global citizenship skills and
- increase the understanding of components for effective schools including focus on learning, student voice, monitoring and assessment, strong home-school relationships.
This three-day conference will be recognized as Modules 1 and 2 of the International School Leadership Certificate. Participants must bring a device to access the online resources.
Joni Heard is a passionate, committed educator driven by the highest standards. For over three decades, Joni has served in many different leadership roles: teacher, instructor, associate professor, consultant, elementary school principal and Education Officer with the Ministry of Education.
Joni’s experiences with International School Leadership include facilitating online and onsite courses for current and aspiring educational school leaders and provides workshop presentations to international education study tours. Her most recent appointments have been in Denmark, Norway, Brazil and Peru to deliver the International School Leadership Certificate program.
Joni worked as an Education Officer with the Leadership Development Branch of the Ministry of Education in Ontario and during that time was the provincial lead for Mentoring for Newly Appointed School Leaders, chaired the Ontario Leadership Congress and supported school districts across the province in implementing the Board Leadership Development Strategy.
Other professional experiences include her role as sessional instructor and faculty advisor at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Faculty of Education and as instructor for Principal’s Qualifications Course at York University for many years. Joni continues to consult with the Ontario Ministry of Education on various education related initiatives.
“Joni inspires and engages participants with her knowledge and interaction skills … perfect modeling of methods to use within schools, both in classrooms and during teacher collaboration time.”
Elisabeth Rudi Lund – Principal in Norway
Registration Deadline: September 3, 2018
Registration with two nights hotel accommodation, materials, and meals $ 1617 CAD
Registration with only materials and meals $ 1375 CAD
Skolelederforbundet Membership rate by contacting Trygve Beyer-Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org telephone +47 916 47 911