- October 22, 2018 - October 24, 2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
THREE-DAY CONFERENCE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SKOLELEDERFORBUNDET
HOTEL COMFORT HOTEL RUNWAY, GARDERMOEN, NORWAY October 22 – 24 , 2018 (DAY 1: 10AM-5PM, DAY 2 & 3: 9AM-4PM)
- understand the importance of collecting and analyzing student achievement data, demographic data, intercultural competency data, program data, perceptual data and system data
- understand how to work with teachers different data to inform decision making, influence the direction in school improvement planning, lead ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the school improvement plan
- explore qualitative and quantitative indicators of success and growth with teachers in terms of student achievement and intercultural competency
- gain strategies for working with teachers to understand the relationship between self-regulation, learning skills and readiness for learning
- explore various learning styles and instructional strategies to meet the individual needs of all, including the Teaching-Learning Critical Pathways (TLCP) as a tool to organize actions for teaching and student learning
- utilize inquiry-based learning strategies to engage students in higher order thinking and
- understand how to monitor the quality of teaching through classroom walkthroughs and challenging conversations.
This three-day conference will be recognized as Modules 4 and 5 of the International School Leadership Certificate. Participants must bring a device to access the online resources.
Joni Heard is a passionate, committed educator driven by the highest standards. For over three decades, Joni has served in many different leadership roles: teacher, instructor, associate professor, consultant, elementary school principal and Education Officer with the Ministry of Education.
Joni’s experiences with International School Leadership include facilitating online and onsite courses for current and aspiring educational school leaders and provides workshop presentations to international education study tours. Her most recent appointments have been in Denmark, Norway, Brazil and Peru to deliver the International School Leadership Certificate program.
Joni worked as an Education Officer with the Leadership Development Branch of the Ministry of Education in Ontario and during that time was the provincial lead for Mentoring for Newly Appointed School Leaders, chaired the Ontario Leadership Congress and supported school districts across the province in implementing the Board Leadership Development Strategy.
Other professional experiences include her role as sessional instructor and faculty advisor at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Faculty of Education and as instructor for Principal’s Qualifications Course at York University for many years. Joni continues to consult with the Ontario Ministry of Education on various education related initiatives.
“Joni inspires and engages participants with her knowledge and interaction skills … perfect modeling of methods to use within schools, both in classrooms and during teacher collaboration time.”
Elisabeth Rudi Lund – Principal in Norway
Registration Deadline: September 3, 2018
Registration with two nights hotel accommodation, materials, and meals $ 1617 CAD
Registration with only materials and meals $ 1375 CAD
Skolelederforbundet Membership rate by contacting Trygve Beyer-Olsen at firstname.lastname@example.org telephone +47 916 47 911