- March 19, 2018 - March 21, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
IN PARTNERSHIP WITH
International School Leadership Modules 1 and 2
- examine attributes of an effective school leader for 21st century teaching and learning using international leadership frameworks
- enhance an understanding of the common elements of effective school leadership
- delve into leadership research by Ken Leithwood, Michael Fullan, Andy Hargreaves, Lyn Sharratt, Avis Glaze, John Hattie Vivianne Robinson and Karen Edge
- explore components of instructional leadership including setting vision, creating a safe and orderly environment, developing other leaders, improving instruction, managing people and using data and processes within a diverse school
- examine practices to build intercultural competencies within national and international schools
- identify characteristics of effective schools that support 21st century teaching and learning, using national school effectiveness, private, and international school accreditation frameworks
- establish characteristics of effective schools that build intercultural competencies and global citizenship skills and
- increase the understanding of components for effective schools including focus on learning, student voice, monitoring and assessment, strong home-school relationships.
This three-day conference will be recognized as Modules 1 and 2 of the International School Leadership Certificate. Participants must bring a device to access the online resources.
Your Instructor: Ashely King, Director of Learning WAPPA
Registration Deadline: February 26, 2018