- Three-Day Conference: Understanding Instructional Leadership and Effective Schools - Belgium
February 5, 2020 - February 7, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hotel Van Der Valk Antwerpen
Luitenant Lippenslaan 66 Antwerpen (Postal Code 2140)
- examine attributes of an effective school leader for 21st century teaching and learning using international leadership frameworks
- enhance an understanding of the common elements of effective school leadership
- delve into leadership research by Ken Leithwood, Michael Fullan, Andy Hargreaves, Lyn Sharratt, Avis Glaze, John Hattie Vivianne Robinson and Karen Edge
- explore components of instructional leadership including setting vision, creating a safe and orderly environment, developing other leaders, improving instruction, managing people and using data and processes within a diverse school
- examine practices to build intercultural competencies within national and international schools
- identify characteristics of effective schools that support 21st century teaching and learning, using national school effectiveness, private, and international school accreditation frameworks
- establish characteristics of effective schools that build intercultural competencies and global citizenship skills and
- increase the understanding of components for effective schools including focus on learning, student voice, monitoring and assessment, strong home-school relationships and high expectations.
This three-day conference will be recognized as Modules 1 and 2 of the International School Leadership Certificate. Participants must bring a device to access the online resources.
Phil enjoys the reputation of a school leader who is able to move a school forward. During his many years as a school principal, Phil has successfully engaged all stakeholders in efforts to improve the learning environment. He remains current in his reading and focus on student achievement.
Phil is an exceptional teacher. He has a deep understanding of what it takes to lead a school and imparts that knowledge with the greatest of skills. Those participating in his International School Leadership modules, in Peru, Sweden, China, Denmark, Cayman Islands and online, consistently rank the experience as exceptional.
Registration Fee – $1050.00 CAD per person (€698)
Includes instruction, program, coffee breaks and lunch
For hotel accommodations, dinner or social arrangements, please contact email@example.com for details and costs.
January 1, 2020
Please note: On January 31, 2020, registrants will receive confirmation that the event is proceeding. Please do not secure travel arrangements (hotel and air flights) until our confirmation is received. If the event is cancelled because of low registration, you will receive a full refund.
Venue: Antwerpen, Belgium
Venue Phone: +32 3 235 91 91
Venue Website: https://www.vandervalkantwerpen.beAddress: