- Special Online Offering
June 1, 2020 - June 27, 2020
12:00 am - 11:55 pm
50% Discount on Online Courses in June
In an effort to support school leaders during this time, ISL is offering a special, online offering during the month of June.
50% discount on all online offerings ($225 CAD) for each of the courses listed below.
A. ISL Module 1: Principal Leadership for School Improvement
- examine attributes of an effective school leader for 21st century teaching and learning using international leadership frameworks
- examine components of instructional leadership including setting vision, creating a safe and orderly environment, developing other leaders, improving instruction and managing people, data and processes within a diverse school
B. ISL Module 2: Characteristics of Effective Schools and Systems
- increase the understanding of components for effective schools including focus on learning, student voice, monitoring and assessment, strong home-school relationships, high expectations and clear mission and vision
- understand the role of school and system leaders in developing and sustaining effective schools and systems and
- review key actions of leaders of high performing school and systems that set them apart from others.
C. ISL Module 3: Building Relationships and Developing People
- explore emotional intelligence (EQ) and cultural intelligence (CQ) and identify strategies that maximize performance when interacting with teachers, students and parents in diverse school communities.
- enrich their understanding of the power of clear communication, effective problem solving and meaningful meetings to increase the focus and attainment of student achievement.
D. ISL Module 4: Setting Goals and Expectations Using Data Informed Decision Making
- understand how to work with teachers using a variety of data to inform decision making, influence the direction in school improvement planning and lead ongoing monitoring and evaluation of school improvement plan
- explore qualitative and quantitative indicators of success and growth with teachers in terms of student achievement and intercultural competency
E. ISL Module 5: Leading Improvement in Classroom Instruction
- gain strategies for working with teachers to understand the relationship between self-regulation, learning skills and readiness for learning
- explore various learning styles and instructional strategies to meet the individual needs of all, including the Teaching-Learning Critical Pathways as a tool to organize actions for teaching and student learning
- understand how to monitor the quality of teaching through classroom walkthroughs and challenging conversations.
- Each offering will run from June 1 to June 22 and require 18 hours of participation
- Participants may sign up for a maximum of 3 modules
ONLY REGISTRATION FOR MODULE 4 WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL JUNE 4.
Venue: Online Academy